How to Provide Feedback on your Child's Artwork
Children love to show adults their creations and in this process they are seeking our approval. When we see their work and respond, "good job" or "great work" or "I love it!" this ends the learning experience. The child feels like they have already done their best and won't push the project further. Overtime this can lead to a cycle of approval seeking, doing things to please others instead of creating for thier own enjoyment. Alternatively, if we provide children with constructive feedback and make observations about their work, we can help them develop the intrinsic motivation to grow, learn and push themselves on their creative journey.
Now, when you're looking at a piece of artwork like the following, it can be difficult to know how to respond.
Here are five suggestions to help you with your feedback:
1. Comment on what you see: Notice the details in the artwork, comment on the lines, colours, brushstrokes or shapes.
- "I see straight lines and squiggly lines."
- "I see you covered the entire page."
- "I see different shades of blue."
2. Ask questions: Don't assume you know anything about the artwork, allow your child the opportunity to explain their thinking.
- "Can you tell me about the picture?"
- "What were you thinking about when you were making this?"
- "How did you feel while you were creating this?"
3. Talk about the process: Give feedback about effort and discuss the creative process.
- "I noticed you put a lot of detail in this section."
- "You kept working until it was completely finished."
- "What did you focus on first?"
4. Celebrate and display the work: Celebrations lead to a sense of success.
- Find a place at the child's eye level to display the work.
- Ask them if they feel proud of thier work.
- Praise the effort, not the work.
5. Encourage next steps: Discuss next possibilities to encourage further work.
- Stretch their thinking to see where they can go next.
- Talk about other exciting projects.
- Discuss where their new skills can take them.
Keep these five things in mind the next time your child shows you a piece of artwork. With the right kind of encouragement you can set them on a creative journey filled with curiosity and exploration.
My name is Eric and unlike a lot of emails you might get, I wanted to instead provide you with a word of encouragement – Congratulations
Part of my job is to check out websites and the work you’ve done with theactivereader.com definitely stands out.
It’s clear you took building a website seriously and made a real investment of time and resources into making it top quality.
There is, however, a catch… more accurately, a question…
So when someone like me happens to find your site – maybe at the top of the search results (nice job BTW) or just through a random link, how do you know?
More importantly, how do you make a connection with that person?
Studies show that 7 out of 10 visitors don’t stick around – they’re there one second and then gone with the wind.
Here’s a way to create INSTANT engagement that you may not have known about…
Talk With Web Visitor is a software widget that’s works on your site, ready to capture any visitor’s Name, Email address and Phone Number. It lets you know INSTANTLY that they’re interested – so that you can talk to that lead while they’re literally checking out theactivereader.com.
CLICK HERE https://talkwithwebvisitors.com to try out a Live Demo with Talk With Web Visitor now to see exactly how it works.
It could be a game-changer for your business – and it gets even better… once you’ve captured their phone number, with our new SMS Text With Lead feature, you can automatically start a text (SMS) conversation – immediately (and there’s literally a 100X difference between contacting someone within 5 minutes versus 30 minutes.)
Plus then, even if you don’t close a deal right away, you can connect later on with text messages for new offers, content links, even just follow up notes to build a relationship.
Everything I’ve just described is simple, easy, and effective.
CLICK HERE https://talkwithwebvisitors.com to discover what Talk With Web Visitor can do for your business.
You could be converting up to 100X more leads today!
PS: Talk With Web Visitor offers a FREE 14 days trial – and it even includes International Long Distance Calling.
You have customers waiting to talk with you right now… don’t keep them waiting.
CLICK HERE https://talkwithwebvisitors.com to try Talk With Web Visitor now.
If you’d like to unsubscribe click here http://talkwithwebvisitors.com/unsubscribe.aspx?d=theactivereader.com